There have been several recent developments in UK immigration law as follows;
* An increase in the level of maintenance funds required for applicants and dependants in Points Based applications such as Tier 1 and Tier 2.
* The government deciding to close the Tier 1 General extension category in 2015 and close Indefinite Leave to Remain for Tier 1 General applicants in 2018.
* Tier 2 visas will be able to be issued for up to 5 years
* New visa application centres are being introduced outside the UK to facilitate those applying for UK visas. These new centres are being introduced in the following countries; Australia, South Africa, India, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Italy, Egypt, Jordan, Canada and Fiji.
* The Court of Appeal has been hearing the MM case on the legality of the UK spouse minimum income rules. This important case will have a huge bearing on UK family migration applications. However, judgement is not expected for up to 3 months.